Smart People :)

Monday, June 7, 2010

Burrito Inspired Open Sandwich


Sending this recipe to Scrumptious Delights from Leftover Event hosted by PJ at Seduce Your Tastebuds...


I made burritos over the weekend... Came out great as usual but I had some leftover beans and didn't know what to do with them... I threw it in an airtight box last night... and forgot about it... Today when I got back from work.. I was starving and wanted something refreshing and quick - the leftover beans came to the rescue... as most of you know that I hate to waste food...
 Ingredients:
  1. Two bread slices
  2. Leftover beans, about two big spoonful
  3. Small onion - finely chopped
  4. Small tomato - finely chopped
  5. Green bell peppers - 2 tblsp - finely chopped
  6. Handful of fresh coriander - finely chopped
  7. Sour cream - 2 tblsp
  8. Cheese - as needed
  9. Maggie Chili sauce 
  10. Cooking oil spray
 Process:
  • Heat frying pan
  • On a bread slice spread chili sauce
  • Place beans, onions, tomato, bell peppers, and coriander
  • Place 1 tblsp of sour cream
  • Shredded cheese
  • Place the slice on the frying pan, let it cook on a medium heat or till cheese melts
  • Repeat the same process with the second slice of bread
  • Serve hot with chips and juice... 
I loved every single bite... I am sure you will too... let me know how you like it...




ENJOY!!!!

7 Zayekedar Views!!!:

Open sandwich looks really good. Nice to have.

sandwich looks soo creamy and yummy. Love this recipe.

looks yummy and very tempting dear..

When I read burrito inspired, I had guessed baked beans and cheese, but... dint imagine it would look so yummy :) Looks so yumm

Very innovative and delicious snack.

Yuumy and nice twist on sandwich.

Looks delish!Thanks for sending it to the event :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by at DesiZayeka and leaving your informative and lovely feedback. I appreciate and value each and every one of your opinions...

Enjoy your stay at DesiZayeka and keep dropping by for more recipes and my ramblings... :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...