Handi Kabab is one of the exotic Mughlai dishes but is not that hard to make like other such dishes. I love this dish and is very common in every non-vegetarian household in Ahemdabad, Gujarat. Made of rich lamb kababs and yogurt curry... works well with rice, khichdi, or roti...
1. 8-9 lamb kababs (meatballs) - recipe coming soon!
2. One cup beaten yogurt.
3. One medium onion - finely chopped.
4. One medium tomato - finely chopped.
5. Red Masala - 1 tblsp red chili powder, 1 tblsp dhaniya powder, a pinch of tumeric, 1 tblsp of ginger-garlic paste.
6. Salt per taste.
7. Three tblsp oil.
8. One tsp cumin seeds.
9. Chopped coriander for garnishing,
1. Heat oil in a wok, add cumin seeds.
2. Once seeds splutter, add chopped onions. Fry till golden brown.
3. Add chopped tomatoes. Fry till oil separates.
4. Add red masala and salt. Fry till oil separates.
5. Add in yogurt and mix well.
6. Add in kababs and le tit simmer on low for 10 minutes.
7. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot!