Smart People :)

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Chane ki Dal


For the past few months, I have been hardly trying to be friends with Mr. Yeast but it seems like he just doesn't like me :(... Multiple times in the past few months, I have tried to bake French Bread, Italian bread, and just a simple little bread with no success. Dear hubby wanted to try the French Bread so bad that one day he ended up buying the entire loaf for the two of us, obviously he couldn't keep waiting on me for another mistrials :)...

We got the French Bread, the entire loaf, but weren't quite sure how exactly to serve it. Hubby had it with butter once or twice but he didn't really liked it or rather he wanted something spicy instead of just bread and butter. That's when I decided to make this Chana Dal. We had it for breakfast and it was one of the best combo that we have had. This is a must try if you like french bread with something spicy with it.



Ingredients:
  1. Two cups Chana Dal - soaked in water overnight.
  2. One medium onion - thinly sliced
  3. One medium tomato - chopped
  4. One and a half tblsp red chili powder
  5. One tblsp dhaniya powder
  6. A pinch of turmeric powder
  7. One tblsp ginger-garlic paste
  8. Salt per taste
  9. Cumin seeds - Half tsp
  10. Oil - Two tblsp
  11. Lime juice - half tsp.
  12. One glass warm water

Process:
  1. In a medium sized pan, heat oil and add cumin seeds.
  2. Add in onions and let it cook till golden brown.
  3. Add in chopped tomatoes, and mix well.
  4. Let it cook till oil separates.
  5. Add in chili powder, dhaniya powder, ginger-garlic paste, salt, and turmeric powder.
  6. Mix well and let it cook till oil separates.
  7. Now, add in chana dal, mix well.
  8. Add in half a glass of water and let it cook on medium heat, stirring in between.
  9. If needed, add the remaining water and cook till the dal is done.
  10. Serve hot with French Bread.
Chane ki dal is one of my favorite lentils, you can basically just cook it with anything. Here are some more recipes related to chana dal that I have previously posted:




ENJOY!!!!

4 Zayekedar Views!!!:

I love chana dal from the restaurant, but now you have given me a recipe worth bookmarking! Yum and thank you! I hope you will visit my site as I have posted a VERY easy homemade bread recipe. Maybe you will like it better than the French bread (it has so much more 'body' and flavor) and maybe it will go at least just as well (hopefully better) with your lovely recipe ;-) Cheers!

I do something same ..have it in blog ...liked your method ....love this

interesting recipe..love it..looks yummy

great recipe...where is my chapathy????
lovely curry ...

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by at DesiZayeka and leaving your informative and lovely feedback. I appreciate and value each and every one of your opinions...

Enjoy your stay at DesiZayeka and keep dropping by for more recipes and my ramblings... :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...