Smart People :)

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Mozzarella Sticks


This snack is to die for if you are a cheese lover, like I am... We always order this from our local Pizza shop and at UNO's, we always used to wonder how exactly they make this sinful delicious side dish. This was when I was in my teens. Later on, I got so addicted to making everything at home and tried variety of recipes from all over the world but never tried to make these sticks; until the other day, my niece mentioned it to me and said she loves it. I decided to make this for her. I went on Google and searched variety of recipes and finally decided to make my own recipe for it, a bit spiced up and a bit Indianized, may I add. :)



Ingredients:
  1. Store bought mozzarella sticks
  2. One cup all purpose flour
  3. One cup Italian bread crumbs
  4. One beaten egg
  5. One tblsp red chili powder
  6. One tbsp chaat masala
  7. Oil for deep frying
Process:
  1. In a bowl, mix together bread crumbs, red chili powder, and chaat masala, keep aside.
  2. Dip sticks in all purpose flour (one by one).
  3. Dip floured sticks in egg and coat well (one by one).
  4. Roll egg coated sticks in bread crumb mixture (step 1). 
  5. Again, dip the crumb coated sticks in egg and coat well (one by one). 
  6. Again, roll egg coated sticks in bread crumb mixture (step 1) (one by one). 
  7. Keep the double coated sticks on a plate and put it in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes. 
  8. In the meanwhile, heat oil for deep frying the sticks. 
  9. One oil is well heated, add two sticks at a time and deep fry till golden brown. 
  10. Keep fried sticks on the paper towel for excess oil to be drained out. 
  11. Serve hot with ketchup....


After making this dish, I had to do my food photography session, my niece was very patience throughout the whole process, however at the end she could not hold herself back and kept wandering around the plate full of this delicious snack... You can see the innocence in her eyes... Isn't she the cutest baby!!! I love her to death... 

This post is dedicated to my little niece... Love you Gudda... 



ENJOY!!!


14 Zayekedar Views!!!:

looks really yumm.n nice tempting colour......Thanx 4 this recipe..so cute kids r .
Maha

looks lovely. gooey cheese with a crisy crust...mmmm

Yummy recipe!!! The kid looks cho chweet :)

Great looking sticks. Wonderfully prepared.

Deepa
Hamaree Rasoi

yummy yummy yummy stick....awesome snack....

Thanx to your niece and the kid luk so cute, masha allah...

kids fav sticks. love the recipe and id is so cute

Mozzarella sticks look like a yummy snack! Lovely pic of you and your baby :)

very delicious and tempting dish.You have a wonderful blog here...Glad to follow your blog dear.Do visit my new blog.
http://www.foodydelight.com/

ur neice is soooo sweet masha Allah, i love mozarella sticks , my son does too, these look delicious

Who would say no if a cute neice like her asks for something, mozzarella sticks looks absolutely delicious.

mozarella sticks looks sooo tempting ...seriously drooling here dear..
m really happy that u liked the choco rolls...thanks a looott for ur sweet comments..
hugs
Vidya

delicious recipe! your baby looks so cute! :)
Edible Entertainment

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by at DesiZayeka and leaving your informative and lovely feedback. I appreciate and value each and every one of your opinions...

Enjoy your stay at DesiZayeka and keep dropping by for more recipes and my ramblings... :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...