This snack is to die for if you are a cheese lover, like I am... We always order this from our local Pizza shop and at UNO's, we always used to wonder how exactly they make this sinful delicious side dish. This was when I was in my teens. Later on, I got so addicted to making everything at home and tried variety of recipes from all over the world but never tried to make these sticks; until the other day, my niece mentioned it to me and said she loves it. I decided to make this for her. I went on Google and searched variety of recipes and finally decided to make my own recipe for it, a bit spiced up and a bit Indianized, may I add. :)
- Store bought mozzarella sticks
- One cup all purpose flour
- One cup Italian bread crumbs
- One beaten egg
- One tblsp red chili powder
- One tbsp chaat masala
- Oil for deep frying
- In a bowl, mix together bread crumbs, red chili powder, and chaat masala, keep aside.
- Dip sticks in all purpose flour (one by one).
- Dip floured sticks in egg and coat well (one by one).
- Roll egg coated sticks in bread crumb mixture (step 1).
- Again, dip the crumb coated sticks in egg and coat well (one by one).
- Again, roll egg coated sticks in bread crumb mixture (step 1) (one by one).
- Keep the double coated sticks on a plate and put it in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes.
- In the meanwhile, heat oil for deep frying the sticks.
- One oil is well heated, add two sticks at a time and deep fry till golden brown.
- Keep fried sticks on the paper towel for excess oil to be drained out.
- Serve hot with ketchup....
After making this dish, I had to do my food photography session, my niece was very patience throughout the whole process, however at the end she could not hold herself back and kept wandering around the plate full of this delicious snack... You can see the innocence in her eyes... Isn't she the cutest baby!!! I love her to death...
This post is dedicated to my little niece... Love you Gudda...