This is one of those dishes that I just experimented and came out so good! Dear Hubby loves anything with coconut. Be it a goat curry, ice cream, candy, chutney or any thing that you can think of. I don't know that many dishes which includes coconut, and for me coconut with any meat is not that great of a combo. However, coconut with anything sweet is YES!!! Perfect Combo!!!
I had a can of coconut milk sitting in my pantry for quite a long time now. As I was rearranging my pantry, I took the can out and thought of making something sweet with it, but not too sweet either; and this is what I ended up doing...
- One can coconut milk
- One tblsp china grass (also known as agar-agar)
- Five tblsp warm water
- Five tblsp sugar
- Few strands of saffron
- Pour coconut milk in a heavy bottom pan, add sugar, and bring to boil.
- In a small bowl, mix together china grass and warm water - mix well.
- Pour china grass mixture to boiling coconut milk - mix well and turn off the heat.
- Add few strands of saffron and mix well.
- Pour the milk into small moulds of your choice.
- Refrigerate for about an hour. The milk will harden.
- Take it out of moulds before serving, serve cold.
These came out so good and are perfect as after dinner desserts.