Smart People :)

Friday, March 30, 2012

Coconut Pudding




This is one of those dishes that I just experimented and came out so good! Dear Hubby loves anything with coconut. Be it a goat curry, ice cream, candy, chutney or any thing that you can think of. I don't know that many dishes which includes coconut, and for me coconut with any meat is not that great of a combo. However, coconut with anything sweet is YES!!! Perfect Combo!!!

I had a can of coconut milk sitting in my pantry for quite a long time now. As I was rearranging my pantry, I took the can out and thought of making something sweet with it, but not too sweet either; and this is what I ended up doing...


Ingredients:

  1. One can coconut milk
  2. One tblsp china grass (also known as agar-agar)
  3. Five tblsp warm water
  4. Five tblsp sugar
  5. Few strands of saffron

Process:
  1. Pour coconut milk in a heavy bottom pan, add sugar, and bring to boil.
  2. In a small bowl, mix together china grass and warm water - mix well. 
  3. Pour china grass mixture to boiling coconut milk - mix well and turn off the heat. 
  4. Add few strands of saffron and mix well. 
  5. Pour the milk into small moulds of your choice.
  6. Refrigerate for about an hour. The milk will harden. 
  7. Take it out of moulds before serving, serve cold.



These came out so good and are perfect as after dinner desserts. 

ENJOY!!!

13 Zayekedar Views!!!:

Very simple yet flavorful .. Loved the presentation:-))

pudding looks awesome..very beautifully presented!!
Spicy-Aroma

I must be the only desi person who is not crazy about coconut....I need to work on this!

Hello Az! 1st time here.. Love your recipes! :) Ekdum Zaykedar! :D
Edible Entertainment

That's yummy... N love that it's vegan.. I'll try this one soon.

Yum ...must be so awesome ...lovely pics

pudding looks delicious. thanks for the recipe

wow...u done this pudding perfectly. n the pics r very clean n cool..
Maha

Pudding looks so creamy and yummy... U have a nice space. Happy to follow u

Hey Az , this looks soooo cute , I have fresh coconut milk at home n just yday I thought I will make the china grass pudding with it :)

Awesome pudding! Have bookmarked it, shall try it soon insha Allah.

simple and delicious pudding...nice presentation dear...

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by at DesiZayeka and leaving your informative and lovely feedback. I appreciate and value each and every one of your opinions...

Enjoy your stay at DesiZayeka and keep dropping by for more recipes and my ramblings... :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...