Preparation Time: 25 Minutes
Food Type: Tea time snack, guest serving, after work/school snack, kids variety, Iftar item
Cuisine Type: Indian & Pakistani
1. One chicken breast
2. Half cup Chana dal – soaked in water overnight or 3-4 hours
3. One medium potato – boiled
4. One medium onion – sliced
5. One tsp garlic-ginger paste
6. One tsp green chilies paste
7. Two or three cloves
8. Two or three black peppers
9. One cinnamon stick
10. A pinch of turmeric powder
11. Salt to taste
12. One glass of water
13. A bunch of fresh coriander
14. A bunch of fresh mint
15. One beated egg for coating
16. Oil for fry
1. In a pressure cooker, add in water, chicken, chana dal, garlic-ginger, green chilies, onion, cloves, black pepper, cinnamon stick, turmeric powder and salt.
2. Let it cook for 15 minutes or till you think the dal is cooked.
3. Take out the boiled/cooked mash from pressure cooker into a bowl.
4. If there is excess water, carefully take it out with spoon or whichever way is best for you
5. Take out all the whole spices from the mash – cloves, black pepper & cinnamon stick.
6. Add boiled potato, coriander and mint to the mash and mix up everything with hand till it becomes a smooth mixture.
7. Divide the mixture into 15 portions and make flat patties out of the mixture.
8. Coat each pattie with beated eggs and shallow fry in heated oil.
9. Serve hot with ketchup, mint chutney, or onion-tomato salad.
Reposted this recipe at http://desizayeka.blogspot.com/2012/07/ramadan-collections.html
Submitting to the following events (see further details at the link above):