Smart People :)

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Badam Kheer (Almond Pudding) - Ramadan Special







I had read this recipe at someone's blog about a year ago. I am not able to give the full credits because I don't remember where I saw it. However, I will claim that this is not my original recipe and I read it somewhere almost a year ago and wanted to try it but couldn't get around it until now. Gladly, I remembered what I had to use in order to make this delicious kheer.





This is a must try! My Dad loved this so much that he now every now and then asks me to make it. He even praises it in front of his friends so much that all those uncles are now asking me to make some for them as well. This dish is also health and I plan to make it throughout Ramadan to give us energy while we fast. This dish will also make a nice presentation on Eid as well.

Ingredients:
  1. Two cups almonds - soaked in warm water overnight
  2. Three to five tsp of milk
  3. Three cups whole milk
  4. Seven tblsp sugar (adjust it according to your taste)
  5. A few strands of saffron
Process:
  1. Blanch the almonds and make a fine paste using three to five tsp of milk.
  2. Heat three cups milk in a wok.
  3. Add almond paste and sugar.
  4. Mix well and let it cook on a low heat for about 10 minutes, stiring constantly.
  5. Let it cool, place it in the serving bowl, and decorate it with strands of saffron.





Sending this recipe to Taste of Pearl City, who is hosting CookEatDelicious-Desserts event and to The Halal Foodie, who is hosting Ramadan Friendly Recipes event.



ENJOY!!!    

12 Zayekedar Views!!!:

Hi Az, The Kheer looks gorgeous, thank you for your delicious entry , try submitting it now, I have fixed the issue, JAK

Hi dear no words to describe the kheer so tempting pics love it.

Nice presentation !Looks so inviting!

hey.. kheer looks mouthwatering,,, beautiful clicks

such a divine kheer ...yummy

I just can't have enough of this kheer, this is the best of all kheers. Thank you so much for sending it to Cook. Eat. Delicious desserts :)

I should try this... I can even veganise it easily with almond milk... The pics are really tempting.

made this kheer yesterday and its a hit easy to make but had tought time peeling them as i dint soak them in boiling water but soaked them over night and my thumb hurts ouch!!! this space bar:))

Wow, your Ramadan Recipe looks delish. Keep sharing great recipes.

More power to your blog!

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by at DesiZayeka and leaving your informative and lovely feedback. I appreciate and value each and every one of your opinions...

Enjoy your stay at DesiZayeka and keep dropping by for more recipes and my ramblings... :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...