Just like Samosas, this is one of the other favorite Ramadan delicacy that we make before hand and freeze it for a rainy day :)... You always have to plan your Ramadan out if you are working full time. I really wish that one of these Ramadan months, I will be able to take the entire month off and be actually able to celebrate it as I want and make fresh new dishes every day for the loved ones. For now it seems like I have a long way to go for getting the entire month off.
Anyways, people say that these are easier to make compared to samosas. However, to me they are both the same, neither one is more complicated than other.
- Two chicken breasts - boiled and shredded into small pieces
- Half pack of frozen mixed vegetable (green peas, corn, carrots, and green beans)
- 7-8 green chilies
- One tsp red chili powder
- One tsp dhaniya powder
- One tsp turmeric powder
- Salt per taste
- Two tblsp soy sauce
- Three tblsp finely chopped ginger and garlic
- Fresh cilantro - finely chopped, a bunch
- Salt per taste
- TJY Spring Roll Pastry Sheets - thawed
- For sticking purposes - mix three tblsp of warm water with one tblsp of all purpose flour, making a thick paste
- Three tblsp cooking oil
- In a wok, heat oil.
- Add in shredded chicken and ginger-garlic. Mix well.
- Add in mixed vegetable, soy sauce, chili powder, dhaniya powder, turmeric powder, salt, and green chilies. Mix well.
- Cover and let it cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Add in chopped cilantro and mix well.
- Let it cool before making the rolls.
- Take one spring roll sheet, place chicken mixture in one corner of the sheet, fold the corner over covering the mixture.
- Fold the right side sheet, then fold the left side sheet.
- Roll it over, place some sticking maida on the last corner and close. (See steps 1-7 in picture below).
- The above mixture should make about 125 spring rolls.
- You can freeze them by place it in Ziploc bags.
- Thaw rolls prior to frying.
- Heat oil for deep frying, and fry the rolls till golden brown.
- Serve hot with soy sauce or ketchup.
Sending this to Ramadan Friendly Recipes Event hosted by The Halal Foodie and Joy from Fasting to Feasting - V hosted by Yummy Food.