Smart People :)

Monday, December 5, 2011

Corn Chaat


Corn Chaat is such an amazing and tempting delicacy. It will make you drool like crazy while you are prepping for it. No kidding… I WAS drooling so bad!  I first had this in India, obviously, when I went to get married five year ago. Yes, five years anniversary is on December 8th! So I and my hubby went for a walk at Kankaria Lake in Ahmedabad and I happen to saw this cart that was so crowded and the only thing it had said on it was Corn Chaat/Makai Chaat. I asked my hubby, if he had tried this before and he hadn’t. So, both of us went to the cart and got our corn chaats in small ice-cream styled cups, with a little plastic spoon. The look of the chaat was so colorful and it smelled heavenly. I cleaned up the little ice-cream cups in a matter of few seconds and went back for another one. I had three servings of corn chaats that day! Yes, I am a chaat maniac.


Since that day, I always kept thinking to make this at home but never did. Don’t have a valid reason for not trying but you know how it is. Before my trip to India, my mom had done a Barbeque party at her place and had invited me over. Along with the regular barbequed items, she also bought a lot of corn cobs. However, by the end of the barbeque we were all so full and did not had the corn cobs. So my mom gave me couple of corn cobs to take home with me (Moms are so cute and caring when it comes to food & daughters). The cobs were thrown in to the fridge for about a week, and were forgotten about. One day, I came home early from work and was trying to decide what to make, when I saw those corn cobs and decided to make this chaat. Yes, unbelievable, it took me almost four and half years to make this chaat at home. I am sure we all have one of those lingering dishes that we want to try but never do, can you tell me yours?

Heading to the recipe now:

Ingredients:

1. Two cobs of corn – boiled and the corn kernels removed. You can also use the frozen ones.

2. One medium potato – boiled and finely chopped.

3. One small green bell pepper – finely chopped.

4. One small onion – finely chopped.

5. One small tomato – finely chopped.

6. A bunch of fresh coriander – finely chopped.

7. One cup sweetened yogurt.

8. One tblsp chaat masala (store bought).

9. Salt per taste.

10. Two or three tblsp coriander chutney (I used store bought SWAD brand).

11. Half cup thin sev (store bought).



Process:

1. In a bowl, mix together corn kernels, potatoes, tomatoes, onions, bell peppers, coriander, chaat masala, and salt.

2. Place the corn mixture in serving bowls.

3. Place a dollop of sweetened yogurt, followed by coriander chutney, followed by sev.

4. Serve immediately.



ENJOY!!!

Reposted this recipe at http://desizayeka.blogspot.com/2012/07/ramadan-collections.html
Submitting to the following events (see further details at the link above):

Joy from Fasting to Feasting - V

Ramadan Friendly Recipes

3 Zayekedar Views!!!:

wow am drooling dear....beautiful chaat....mouthwatering too...

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by at DesiZayeka and leaving your informative and lovely feedback. I appreciate and value each and every one of your opinions...

Enjoy your stay at DesiZayeka and keep dropping by for more recipes and my ramblings... :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...