These are one of my favorites and quick to make as well. When we have unexpected guests over (yes, my parents still maintain the Indian style - no calls before coming over thing - and I am PROUD of the fact that our doors are open for everyone at anytime!!!), this is one of the main things that my mom ends up making...
- Two medium onions - cut in thick strips
- One and a half cup chickpea flour (besan)
- One tblsp red chili powder
- One tblsp dhaniya powder
- One tblsp ginger-garlic paste
- A pinch of turmeric powder
- Salt per taste
- Warm water for making batter.
- Oil for deep frying.
- Make of semi-thick batter mixing item#2-#7 using the warm water.
- Heat oil in a wok.
- Once oil is hot, pour two tblsp of oil in the batter and mix well.
- Dip the sliced onions in the batter and deep fry.
- Dish out on a kitchen towel to absorb the excess oil.
- Serve hot with ketchup.
Reposted this recipe at http://desizayeka.blogspot.com/2012/07/ramadan-collections.html
Submitting to the following events (see further details at the link above):
Joy from Fasting to Feasting - V
Ramadan Friendly Recipes