Smart People :)

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Grilled Salmon over Cilantro Rice




I have always been reluctant to making seafood in home. Firstly, I am not too fond of it and secondly, once you cook it is hard to get rid of the smell. Dear Hubby thinks its not that bad but I think I am paranoid when it comes to seafood. All of this changed after my marriage, dear Hubby is a full blown sea food fan, be it a fish, shrimp, lobsters, clams, etc etc and the list goes on. Before marriage, I would not even touch the shrimp and I won't eat anything on the days when my mom makes shrimps. However, now I clean it, marinate it and cook it without any issues... See what Love makes you do!!! :) :)

I don't have very many experience making grilled salmon at home, however, I have very many experience eating grilled salmon at various restaurants. So I kinda knew what to expect but wasn't sure, 'cause I wanted to make it a little bit more spicy and give it an Indian touch to it. Here is what I did:




Ingredients:
  1. Four Salmon fillets - boneless and skinless
  2. 15 cloves of garlic - finely chopped
  3. A bunch of cilantro - finely chopped
  4. Two-three green chilies - finely chopped
  5. Spicy mustard sauce - two tblsp
  6. Green and red chili sauce - two tblsp
  7. Shan Fish Seasoning Masala - half packet (store bought)
  8. One tblsp lime juice
  9. Salt per taste
  10. Mixture of crushed red pepper and crushed black pepper - per taste
  11. In home Grill Pan
  12. Cooking oil spray
Process:
  1. Mix all the ingredients from #2 to #10 to make a marinading mixture.
  2. Marinate salmon in the mixture created in #1 for atleast 30 minutes.
  3. Heat grill pan, make sure it is well heated.
  4. Spray some cooking oil and place two fillets at a time.
  5. Grill well on one side, carefully flip it over, and turn the heat to medium.
  6. Place the pressing cover on top of the fillet and cook it for 10-12 minutes. (This is a very important step, this makes sure that the fish is cooked very well from the middle as well).
  7. Repeat the steps for the remaining two salmon fillets.
  8. Serve hot over cilantro rice with limes.



ENJOY!!!



7 Zayekedar Views!!!:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by at DesiZayeka and leaving your informative and lovely feedback. I appreciate and value each and every one of your opinions...

Enjoy your stay at DesiZayeka and keep dropping by for more recipes and my ramblings... :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...