As we say our goodbyes to the month of Ramadan this year... it breaks my heart that this blessed month is already over and we have to wait for another long year for the next one to come back... Not only will I miss all the prayers and supplications and suhoor and iftaris, but I will also miss all these goodies that I have been sharing with you all for the entire month! One of them being Falooda... this is one of the best drink to serve at Iftrai. It's not only filling but also very flavorful and healthy!!
- One cup milk
- One tblsp tukmurie seeds (available at Indian Stores)
- Two tblsp Falooda sev (available at Indian Stores)
- Three tblsp sugar (adjust according to your taste)
- Chopped nuts - cashew, pistachio, raisins and almonds
- One scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream
- Pink food color (optional)
- In a boiling water, boil falooda sev and tukmurie seeds for 4-5 minutes. Let it cool and drain all water out and keep aside.
- In a pan, heat milk and add sugar and food color (if using). Heat it just enough so that the sugar melts out. Let it cool.
- In a serving glass, place tukmurie and falooda sev at the bottom.
- Pour milk over it.
- Place a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top
- Garnish with chopped nuts (more the better :)).
- Serve immediately.