Smart People :)

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Tandoori Chicken



If you are a non-veg, then you know that no Indian party meal, or an Indian website, or an Indian Blog runs without a mention of this dish, and yet it took me so long to post this recipe. Tandoori Chicken is very much famous with Non-Indians as well. At least in Boston, if you talk to someone about India, food would be the first thing that they will mention; and the most famous/favorite item is Tandoori Chicken and Samosas. I still remember my English teacher in high school who was originally from Russia would go crazy about samosas. My mom made some home-made samosas for her at my last day of school. I wonder if she still thinks samosas are the best Indian food she had ever came across. If she does, then she has to try these tandoori chicken, I bet she will go gaga over this!  
I recently made these for a dinner party that I held for a close family friend. Without a doubt these were a hit. It was also my first time cooking the entire dinner for 14 people on my own! I must tell you it was a great experience, not that I never cooked for these many people before, I have, but under mom’s supervision. This was my first time on my own and everything came out perfect. By the end of the dinner, I was quite surprised by myself, but was way too tired to figure out how the hell I was able to do all this. 


Ingredients:

  1. One Chicken – cut in small pieces (at the meat shot that I regularly visit, they have standard sizes for small, regular, and BBQ pieces, I normally get the small ones).
  2. One cup yogurt
  3. Red chili powder – three tblsp (adjust it according to your taste)
  4. Dhaniya powder – two tblsp
  5. Ginger-Garlic paste – two tblsp
  6. Lime juice – four tsp
  7. Turmeric powder – half tblsp
  8. Salt – per taste
  9. Red food color (if desire)
  10. Cooking oil spray
Process:
  1. Mix and marinate ingredients 1 through 9.
  2. Marinate it overnight, if you can. If not, then at least marinate it for 3-4 hours.
  3. Preheat oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
  4. Spray cooking oil on baking tray.
  5. Arrange chicken pieces on the baking tray; spray another coat of cooking oil over the chicken.
  6. Bake for about 20-25 minutes, flipping the chicken at an interval of 10 minutes, till the chicken is fully cooked.
  7. Serve hot over a salad.


NOTES: alternatively, you can also deep fry the chicken. Adjust spices and baking time according to your taste and oven, respectively.

ENJOY!!!

7 Zayekedar Views!!!:

looks fabulous, yummy and tempting.

mouthwatering tandoori chicken...looks very tempting..

Delicious looking and tempting tandoori chicken.

Deepa
Hamaree Rasoi

Delish ....always love this ...

Came to your blog while blog hopping .... yah thatz my new passtime :) Luv to meet new people, make friends and learn along the way.
You have a lovely blog and some great recipes .... will be back for more.

Following u :)

Cheers,
Satrupa

http://satrupa-foodforthought.blogspot.com

First time here. Loved your blog. Happy to follow you.

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by at DesiZayeka and leaving your informative and lovely feedback. I appreciate and value each and every one of your opinions...

Enjoy your stay at DesiZayeka and keep dropping by for more recipes and my ramblings... :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...