Smart People :)

Saturday, August 21, 2010

And the winner is.... Along with Mirchi Bhajiyas!!!!



So if you were thinking that I have gone extinct... then you are absolutely wrong... I am alive and very much alive at that... For some reason, it seems like the busy season (tax season) is back in our office... working 10 hrs a day, working weekends, reports due literally every other week, and to complete the list Ramadan started in the middle of everything... the initial tiring days are over, but everything that's going on is keeping me very very busy... I just want to scream, "Bache ki jaan loge kya" (Are you going to kill me??) at everyone...

I sincerely apologize for not updating my blog regularly and not visiting yours regularly either.. but things seem to calm down a bit (just a tiny little bit) so you will definitely see me more often now... :)

Today is the official day to announce the winner of my giveaway... well not that easy dear... you have listen to my ramblings before I get there... :)

Remember our little yard that I shared with you all in my earlier post...  well it has started to give us real fruits and vegetables!!!! Every other evening I 'visit' our little garden and pick up fresh vegetables and cook it for dinner or iftar... Oh those fresh veggies... I feel like I am in heaven...


Few days ago for Iftar I made Mirchi Bhajiya (Chili Pakoras).. they came out soooo good... You have to eat it believe me!!! So when are you coming over???


Ingredients:
  1. 5-6 Freshly picked green chilies, wash and slit in half partially
  2. One cup besan
  3. One tblsp red chili powder, half tblsp dhaniya powder, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, salt per taste
  4. Water as needed
  5. Oil for deep frying
Process:
  1. Mix together besan, red chili powder, dhaniya powder, turmeric powder and salt.
  2. Make a batter adding water to it (I like it thick, some may like it thin, so use water according to your preference).
  3. Dip the half slit green chilies in the batter and deep fry till golden brown.
  4. Serve hot with ketchup

These taste so good and have become my all time favorite now...

So back to the main topic of this post... I had 61 participants for this giveaways. This includes the multiple entries from each participants as well. I used my friend random number generator to pick the winner. 
And the winner is Azmina of Lawyer Loves Lunch... Congratulations Azmina!!!!

Reposted this recipe at http://desizayeka.blogspot.com/2012/07/ramadan-collections.html

Submitting to the following events (see further details at the link above):
Joy from Fasting to Feasting - V

Ramadan Friendly Recipes

8 Zayekedar Views!!!:

Yay! I'm so glad! Thanks for hosting this giveaway, Az (and CSN!) :)

chilli pakoras look tempting!

Wow!mirchi bhaji is so tempting..Congrats to the winner..

mirchi bajji looks very very tempting ....can have them anytime ...love it ...congrats to the winner

Satya
http://www.superyummyrecipes.com

Mirchi Bhaji looks soo tempting. Yummy!! congrats to the winner!!!

Sssss. I can feel the hot bhajji. Nice blog. http://shanthisthaligai.blogspot.com/

Thank you for linking this delicious bhaji's with Any One Can Cook :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by at DesiZayeka and leaving your informative and lovely feedback. I appreciate and value each and every one of your opinions...

Enjoy your stay at DesiZayeka and keep dropping by for more recipes and my ramblings... :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...