Smart People :)

Monday, June 14, 2010

Masala Papad, Goodies from India and Mehendi Designs



One more great weekend with the family which left me relaxed, comforting, happy, satisfied and much more ..... well let's just say that it made me feel so good and so thankful to Allah for a wonderful family that I have!!!! I hope and pray that this kind of happiness stays with us and everyone else, as well... Amen...

At times, I always wonder what is the purpose of this life... and its weekends like this that makes me realize that we are not in this world just to live, work, have family, and then die... we are here to make others happy, help others out, love each other, make everyone laugh, share our happiness and sorrows with others and much more... as they say, "Laugh as much as you breathe and love as long as you live"....

Ok... enough of philosophy now... let's get back to real life... :)

My Dad came back from India last week and brought a lot of goodies with him... My Dad is big on giving gifts to others and I think this is one of his best qualities... resulting in him buying 12 Kgs of Mithais (Indian Sweet) from India for everyone at work and his close friends... He also bought some mouth watering savory snacks for us... Here are some snaps of what he brought from India...
Mansuri Halwa House - Pineapple Halwa

Pineapple Halwa
BansiLal Pedawala - Burfi

Burfi

Chocolate Burfi

Snacks

More Snacks

Refrigerator filled with Mithai Boxes

Coming to the today's recipe... The very first time I went on a date with my fiance (now husband - AG)... I had this Masala Papad as a starter... I instantly fell in love with it and it always reminds me of our good old days :)

Ingredients:
  • A quarter of Onion - finely chopped.
  • A quarter of tomato - finely chopped
  • 1/2 tsp chaat masala
  • Two strings of fresh coriander - finely chopped.
  • One Lijjat Papad







Process:
Microwave the papad for about one minute (varies depending on microwave); Sprinkle onions, tomatoes, coriander and chaat masala; serve immediately!


I also put on some mehendi (my other passion besides food) over the weekend... Here are some snaps for you...



ENJOY!!!

Photo Credit: Google Images for Lijjat Papad
Quote Source: Unknow.

15 Zayekedar Views!!!:

nice post Az!
loved the mehendi!
masala papad looks tempting!

I love the mehandi design. Looks awesome. papad looks delicious.

very tempting recipe.Mehendi design super...It comes out with nice colour.

Fabulous dish that reminds you of good old times. Great sweet stack. I am coming to your house to steal them..lol..Lovely mehendi design!

Nice recipe, mehandi. You are talented!

Wow love the snacks :)..yummy yum....hey the mehandi looks so beautiful..where r u yaar? thoda hume bi laga do ;)

I love mehendi a lot and those pics was awesome yaar....
and the snacks was awesome....perfect pics...

These masala papads are a hit in India.

Wow yaar you are so talented. Nice mehandi designs. Masala papad looks delicious

Deepa
Hamaree Rasoi

So glad to have stumbled upon your blog. Wait, you put the mehndi on yourself? It's lovely (and you have seriously steady hands). I can barely sit still when someone else puts it on me :)
-Az (also)

great mehndi designs...lovely blog..

masala pappad looks yummy.....i used to have this pappad in exhibition stalls where they would give this large pappad with all these topping and four of we friends with munch on this gaint pappad... your recipe remind me of those days : )

i am first time to your blog ... i also like your mehandi ... and you seem to enjoy blogging outside food too : )

if you do get time visit my blog ... i am a newbie
http://www.superyummyrecipes.blogspot.com/

Oh My! Your refrigerator looks like a mini sweet stall now, that's so kind of your dad to carry all these goodies. Also masala papad looks very yummy. Thank you for linking with Any One Can Cook.

masala papad simple and easy.
u r mehandi design also very nice

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by at DesiZayeka and leaving your informative and lovely feedback. I appreciate and value each and every one of your opinions...

Enjoy your stay at DesiZayeka and keep dropping by for more recipes and my ramblings... :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...