I had never thought that I would reach such a milestone in blogging world. My motivational support and push is each and every one of you who visits my blog, leaves me encouraging comments, “Like” my Facebook page, and last but not least visits me through “Google Image Search”. I would like to take this opportunity to thank every one of you in helping me reach such a milestone!
Since there are two celebrations in this post – my achievement and New Year 2012, I would like to celebrate it with some mouthwatering chocolate dipped strawberries and delicious chocolate truffles. So, without further ado, here we go:
Chocolate Dipped Strawberries:
1. 40-45 fresh strawberries washed and completely dried.
2. Two full size chocolate of your favorite flavor, I used Lindt Milk Chocolate.
3. Four bites of Lindt White Chocolate.
1. Make sure that the strawberries are completely dried, if it has tiny bits of moisture in it, the chocolate coating will fall off.
2. Melt the milk chocolate in microwave for a minute and half or till it melts.
3. Dip each strawberry, one by one, in the melted chocolate and place it on the foil paper.
4. Once all strawberries are done, place them in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, melt white chocolate and place it in the corner of small zip bag.
6. Take out chocolate dipped strawberries, and sprinkle white chocolate through zip bag.
7. Place the strawberries back in refrigerator till you are ready to serve.
• Using dark chocolate will give you a better result. It will stand out. We are all milk chocolate lovers so I had to use this.
1. Three tblsp Nutella
2. Half of full sized milk chocolate
3. One tblsp Ghee (Clarified Butter)
4. Two tblsp Honey
Ingredients for coating:
1. Chopped pistachio
2. Unsweetened cocoa powder
3. Confectioners’ sugar
4. 5-6 bites of milk chocolate, melted.
1. Mix together all the ingredients for truffles in a microwaveable bowl.
2. Microwave the mixture for about a minute and half or till chocolate melts.
3. Remove the bowl from microwave and stir the mixture till smooth.
4. As the mixture cools down it will begin to come away from the bowl easily like soft dough.
5. Place the mixture in refrigerator for at least an hour.
6. Once chilled, remove the mixture and make walnut sized balls; I got 15 out of the mixture.
7. Now, take some truffles, and roll them into cocoa powder.
8. Take some truffles and roll them into confectioners’ sugar.
9. Dip some truffles into melted chocolate, place them on foil paper, and top it will chopped pistachio. Let it sit on the foil paper for 5 minutes, till the excess chocolate drips off. Chill before serving.
10. I placed these truffles in mini muffin cases.