Smart People :)

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Mango Milkshake



How do I tell you about my love for mangos?! It all started when I had came to my senses and I tasted this delicious, sweet n tangy fruit. I had instantly fallen in love with it, and I am sure that is the case with most of you out there. Remember all those nastolgic moments of getting on the mango tree on hot afternoons to pick up raw mangos! Using blades to cut raw mango and eating with salt and red chili combination in the middle of a class. Remember squeezing the mango pulp right into your mouth directly from a ripe mango! Remember mom along with other neighboring aunties made those delicious "Aam ka Achara" (Mango Pickle) and "Chunda" (Sweet Mango Pickle)!

I can go on forever with all those nastolgic moments. Though being a thousand miles away from home, this fruit still brings back those good old memories and never ever disappoints me. In fact, it is one of my stress-buster during summer time!!

Mango milkshake is perfect for the 100+ degree weather that New England is facing right now. Not that I am complaining, I love this weather and I would prefer this any day than freezing temperatures that we have most of the time. The drink is also perfect fit for Iftar (breaking the fast).

I am sending this recipe to Iftar Moments event hosted by Sister Ayeesha of Taste of Pearl City and to What's everyone Having for Iftar event hosted by Sister Roha of Hyderabadi Cuisine Recipes. I am also sending this recipe to Mango Recipe event hosted by Dr. Sameena of My Culinary Creations.




Ingredients: Two ripe mangos cut in cubes, Two cups of chilled milk, Sugar (only if your mangos are not sweet, I didn't use any 'cause the mangos were very sweet!), four ice cubes.

Process: Grind everything for 10 minutes. It should thick in consistency. Serve in wine glass to give it a classy look. Serve cold.



ENJOY!!!

Reposted this recipe at http://desizayeka.blogspot.com/2012/07/ramadan-collections.html

Submitting to the following events (see further details at the link above):
Joy from Fasting to Feasting - V


Ramadan Friendly Recipes

7 Zayekedar Views!!!:

This looks so good! And really, it's more like health food than dessert because of all the fruit ;) Here's to a blessed Ramadan season!

you have one very creative space here. love this milkshake recipe...delicious and filling.

Yummy milkshake..Great clicks!

WOW.. Such a refreshing Drink.. Just perfect for this summer..
New to ur space and absolutely love it here.. following ur lovely blog..
Do visit me as time permits..

Jabeen's Corner is hosting an event with a surprise giveaway.. U are Invited !! Do send your entries..

Jabeen's Corner

Ongoing Event-Iftar nights

I love this a lot, looks very delish. Thank you for sending it to Iftar Moments :)

Looks refreshing. First time here and glad to follow you. Please visit me as time permits.

Invitation for a Potluck
Event - LGSS_Potato

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by at DesiZayeka and leaving your informative and lovely feedback. I appreciate and value each and every one of your opinions...

Enjoy your stay at DesiZayeka and keep dropping by for more recipes and my ramblings... :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...