Smart People :)

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Shahi Chicken



Shahi Chicken, one of the favorite items of everyone of us in the house!! My Mom would make this every time we have someone over and I grew up watching her make this dish. Every guest would be delighted by the richness of this dish and would always ask her on how she made it. I would listen to her giving the recipe but was always scared to try this out as I thought that I am not as good as Mom so I would never be able make this one on my own... However, not each day is not alike. My Mom was in India and we had to invite someone over as they had recently came from India and would be gone by the time my Mom came back. So I decided to make this dish, trying to impress the guests and guess what I succeeded, unlike my first try to impress my in-laws. :)

The recipe is quite simple but have to be careful on measures that you use. A little bit more onion or less cream would ruin this dish... So here it goes...

Ingredients:
  1. One and a half pounds of boneless chicken, cut in cubes, washed and drained.
  2. Red (lal) masala - 2 tblsp red chili powder, 1 and a half tblsp dhaniya powder, One tblsp ginger-garlic paste, and a pinch of turmeric powder.
  3. One medium onion - grind to paste
  4. One medium tomato - grind to paste
  5. Half tsp cumin seeds
  6. Salt per taste
  7. Lemon juice - 2 tsp
  8. Oil - 3 tblsp
  9. Oil for deep frying
  10. Half & Half - Two pints
  11. Four Cashews - grind to paste (add one-two tblsp of water if necessary)
Process:
  1. In a large bowl, mix together chicken, red (lal) masala, salt and lemon juice.
  2. Marinate for at least two hours.
  3. Heat oil in a frying pan and deep fry chicken pieces till golden red. Keep aside.
  4. Heat oil in wok, add cumin seeds and onions.
  5. Fry onions till golden brown, then add tomato paste.
  6. Fry till oil separates.
  7. Add fried chicken pieces and mix well.
  8. Add half & half and mix well.
  9. Let it cook for 6-7 minutes.
  10. Add cashew paste and remove from heat.
  11. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with rotis.
ENJOY!!!

6 Zayekedar Views!!!:

Rich and thick gravy.. Wow.. Love this..

By looking at the picture I can guess it was a hit this time. Chicken looks very inviting

Deepa
Hamaree Rasoi

shahi chicken looks so delicious ...love the gravy

Satya
http://www.superyummyrecipes.com

WOW!! What a creamy and yummy chicken curry!! I love this recipe..I am sure it would have tasted divine!!

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by at DesiZayeka and leaving your informative and lovely feedback. I appreciate and value each and every one of your opinions...

Enjoy your stay at DesiZayeka and keep dropping by for more recipes and my ramblings... :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...