Smart People :)

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Soya Bhaji and Moong Daal


Dill Leaves also known as Soya Bhaji is one of the favorites of my father. I am submitting this to an “I Love My Dad” Event held by Jay from Tasty Appetite

Ingredients:
1. One and a half cup Dill Leaves, finely chopped

2. Two cups moong dal – soaked over night
3. Lal (red) masala – One tblsp red chilies, One tblsp dhaniya powder, One tblsp ginger-garlic paste, ¼ tsp turmeric powder, and salt per taste – make a paste using one tblsp water
4. One medium onion – finely chopped
5. Six garlic cloves – finely chopped
6. Water about one glass (adjust according to softness of moong dal)
7. One tblsp lime juice
8. Three tblsp oil
9. Cumin seeds – a pinch

Process:

1. Heat oil in a wok, add in cumin seeds.
2. Once the seeds splutter, add in onions and garlic.
3. Once garlic and onion turn brown, add in lal masala.
4. Let the masala cook till the oil separates.
5. Add in soaked moong dal and half a glass of water.
6. Mix well and let it cook.
7. Add in dill leaves and mix well.
8. Add in remaining water (if needed) and let it cook.
9. Serve hot with Roti.

ENJOY!!!

9 Zayekedar Views!!!:

Interesting dish and recipe!! Will try it sometime..

very new for me. I usually use dill leaves to make vadas, when I saw moong dal, I thought it must be somethin similar. But, This is interesting, will try it sometime :)

Very nutritious & healthy side dish

Looking great. I love this dill flavored side dish.

Soya bhaji and moong daal looks really healthy with dill

very new dish for ,dish looks healthy ...never tried dill leaves...interesting combo thanks for sharing ...
if time permits do visit my blog
satya

http://superyummyrecipes.blogspot.com/

Looks so good and tempting...

First time to your beautiful space...you really have a nice collection of recipes. the bhaji and moong daal looks really good..do drop in at my space sometime :-)

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by at DesiZayeka and leaving your informative and lovely feedback. I appreciate and value each and every one of your opinions...

Enjoy your stay at DesiZayeka and keep dropping by for more recipes and my ramblings... :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...