Smart People :)

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Rose Milk

 
While growing up in India, I used to be a big time milk drinker… I never drink tea… and after coming to US I have become a big time coffee drinker… there is a reason behind this change… My paternal family comes from a military background so everyone on my paternal side are big on healthy eating and healthy drinking resulting in me and both of my siblings drinking a full cup of milk every morning before leaving for school… Tea was a big no no for us kids… to be very frank I never liked the smell of the tea…
After coming to States my love for milk started to die and my love for coffee started… the big reason was that we don’t get the fresh milk here as we used to get in India… We had hired this milk-man who had about 5-6 buffalos and would bring in fresh milk every morning home-delivered to us…
If you were in India in 1990s I am pretty sure you remember this commercial on milk… This is how it goes…
Doodh doodh doodh doodh doodh hai wonderful
Pi sakte ho roz a glassful
Garmi me dalo doodh me ice
Doodh ban gaya very nice
Piyo daily once or twice
Mil jayega tasty surprise
Doodh hai must in every season
Piyo doodh for healthy reason
Rahoge phir fit and fine
Jiyoge past ninety-nine
Doodh doodh doodh doodh doodh, wonderful doodh,
Piyo glassful
The commercial focused on all the healthy reasons to drink milk… My mom would always give me a big lecture on me not drinking milk regularly as I used to in India…
Every now and then I try to come up with some kind of drink which I can make using the milk so that I can fulfill the one cup a day rule posed by my mom at home… (Gosh… I sound like a teenager… but believe me – my mom still treats me as one :) )
So I made this Rose milk the other day to beat the heat as well as to fulfill my mom’s regulations in our household :)
Ingredients:
1. Two cups chilled milk
2. One banana – cut in cubes
3. Two tblsp rose syrup
4. Sugar per taste
Process:
Take half a cup milk and chopped banana – grind it well. Add in remaining milk, rose syrup and sugar – grind well… and serve chilled.
ENJOY!!!

Reposted this recipe at http://desizayeka.blogspot.com/2012/07/ramadan-collections.html

Submitting to the following events (see further details at the link above):

Joy from Fasting to Feasting - V

Ramadan Friendly Recipes

11 Zayekedar Views!!!:

hey reminds me of my childhood days...we used to try all sorts of things to finish our daily dose of milk too...hee hee...

very tempting click... and nice color... moreover good presentation....

this is my all time fav,luks so delicious and yummy!

Same pinch dear, like you I too never tasted tea (b'caz of the smell)..Still drink milk only :-) Nice refreshing drink. Nice click too

Deepa
Hamaree Rasoi

Lovely and tasty and very refreshing.

simply yummy and refreshing :)

Love this refreshing and delicious drink!! Lovely pics..

I like the add of banana in it..makes it more delicious.

Chilled rose milk, perfect for summer !
I was not much into milk but i remember rose lassie, we used to love it in summers !

Oh yes, I remember that ad, and now they have something similar to promote eggs with Dara Singh in the ad !!

I love rose milk. And yeah I remember the advertisement...Reminds me of old times...

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by at DesiZayeka and leaving your informative and lovely feedback. I appreciate and value each and every one of your opinions...

Enjoy your stay at DesiZayeka and keep dropping by for more recipes and my ramblings... :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...