Smart People :)

Monday, December 19, 2011

Maleeda - Mohram Special


Mohram is the first month of Islamic Calendar (Our New Year)! It is one of the four sacred months of the year in which fighting is forbidden. Most muslims fast during the 9th and 10th day of Mohram. A lot of Muslims make something sweet and break their fast with it.

Maleeda is one of those dish that we make during Mohram. I still remember, every Mohram, we used to go to our Grandma's (Dadi - Paternal) house, and she would make this for us. I have eaten this dish made by my mom and aunts and Grandma, but the best one is only my Grandma's! I will never forget it, and I am not sure if I will be ever make it like hers. But anyways, for now, here it goes:

Ingredients:
  1. Two cups whole wheat flour
  2. One and half tblsp Ghee - Clarified  Butter
  3. Half cup warm water
  4. Five tblsp sugar
  5. Five tblsp shredded dry coconut
  6. Ghee for deep frying
  7. Three-four cardamom - crushed
Process:
  1. Mix wheat flour, ghee, and warm water - make a stiff dough.
  2. Make six-seven oval shaped patties.
  3. Deep fry in ghee till golden brown.
  4. Keep the fried patties aside and let them cool down.
  5. Once cool, grind the patties till fine mixture.
  6. Place them in a mixing bowl, add sugar, coconut, and cardamom.
  7. Mix them well and serve! 
It is so easy to make and is so healthy and delicious. Do give it a try, I am sure you will love it!!

ENJOY!!!

3 Zayekedar Views!!!:

Delicious, Happy Mohram to you and family.

Wow...superb...something new n very easy recipe....

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by at DesiZayeka and leaving your informative and lovely feedback. I appreciate and value each and every one of your opinions...

Enjoy your stay at DesiZayeka and keep dropping by for more recipes and my ramblings... :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...