Smart People :)

Monday, June 6, 2011

Banana Almond Cake and an Award



My lovely little princess turned 2 in May. Time flies... BIG TIME. I still feel like it was yesterday when I found out that my Sis in Law is expecting. Being with her for most of her pregnancy, then labor, then the arrival of my cutie pie, then her first time eating solid food, then her first-time crawling, her first time clapping, her first steps, her cutest smile, her learning to speak, her calling me Fujaan (bua, aunt, phuphijaan), her day out in Boston with me, her day out at Mall with me... uff... I can go on and on and on about all of this. It seems like long time but to me these seem like a memory of just few seconds away. 
Since I am learning to bake, I made a cake again this year for her. I invited my parents and brothers w/ their family over for my cutie pie's birthday. I baked an almond-banana cake, a recipe I had in my mind for the longest time when I first saw it on Sunita's Blog. I used exact same ratios and everything, with following alterations:


1. I used all purpose flour instead of wheat flour.
2. I added two eggs in the process.
3. I am not too good with decorations so I just drizzled the Chocolate Syrup on the cake.
I have also been awarded The Versatile Blogger again by Tadka Pasta. Thank you so much guys for loving my blog.


The award comes with the following rules:
  1. Thank the person that awarded it to you and list a link back to the blogger
  2. Tell 7 things about yourself
  3. Pay it forward by sending it to your favorite recently found new bloggers
  4. Contact the blogger that you have awarded and make them aware
I have already said 7 things about myself here. I would like to pass out this award to following new bloggers that I have found: Sana @Everybunny Loves Food; Suma @Cakes and More!; Priti @Indian Khana; Rahin @Lazzat; and Bharathy @Spicy Chilly.
 
Thanks Tadka Pasta and Congratulations to the above blogger friends.

7 Zayekedar Views!!!:

Slurp !! Awesome recipe.

Cake looks excellent and wonderfully decorated. Congrats on your well deserved award.

Deepa
Hamaree Rasoi

The cake looks beautiful and so delicious! :)
Congrats to your niece.

Belated b'day wishes to the little princess! :)
Cake looks yummy :) forget about the decorations, even the drizzled sauce gives a moist and all the more yummy look :)
Thanks a bunch for the award and will certainly take up the tag!! :)

Birthday wishes to the little girl! Baking a birthday cake at home is very special, am sure it tasted very yumm!

Thanks so much for sharing the award with me!

Thank you so much for sharing your award with me Az,also the cake looks delicious !!!

The cake looks wonderful and professional. I would like to invite you to our "Quick and easy recipe mela" and enter your recipe. We would be glad to see your participation. Thanks.

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by at DesiZayeka and leaving your informative and lovely feedback. I appreciate and value each and every one of your opinions...

Enjoy your stay at DesiZayeka and keep dropping by for more recipes and my ramblings... :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...