Smart People :)

Monday, December 20, 2010

Pineapple Fried Rice



It has been really cold, freezing, windy, and from today on snowy, in our neck of the woods. Amazing how we and our body react to the changes that the Mother Nature brings in. Weather is the hottest topic around here, yes, the shopping, Christmas parties, holiday trips, all have been beaten by none other than our own beautiful but unpredictable Mother Nature!!

I have been really sick for past couple of weeks, which started off as a sinus, turned into sore throat, turned into stuffy nose and unstoppable headaches, turned into coughing nightmare – which still hasn’t really gone yet… I jokingly told my friends that this cold has fell in love with me and does not want to leave me. I want this cold to know that with the blessings of Allah (swt) I have a lot of people who love me more than ‘it’ (cold) does and needs to leave me ‘cause even though you give me the reasons to take off from work and sleep (which is my best hobby), I don’t really need you!! Sorry to break your heart dear, but you really need to leave.

In my last post, I had shared with you a warm and spicy fusion dish, Chicken Chili!! I had served it with pineapple fried rice; which turned out to be a really good combination of a little sweet, a little hot, and a little tangy!! We all loved it and I hope you will too…


Ingredients:
1. Two cups basmati rice – washed three times with warm water.
2. Four cups – hot water.
3. Half tblsp – crushed black peppers.
4. Half tblsp – crushed red peppers.
5. Three tblsp – vegetable oil.
6. One full cup of mixed vegetables – green peas, corn, carrots, green beans, and green bell pepper. (You can add more veggies if you like).
7. Half cup – shredded cabbage.
8. Half cup – cubed pineapple.
9. Five tblsp – soy sauce
10. One tblsp – hot sauce (or per taste).
11. Half cup – boiled and shredded chicken (for vegetarian dish – skip this).
12. Salt per taste.

Process:
1. In a large wok, add in hot water, one tblsp oil, ¼ tblsp of crushed black pepper and red peppers.
2. Once the water starts to boil, add in basmati rice.
3. Let the rice cook for about 10 to 15 minutes or cook till the rice is 90% cooked.
4. Remove from heat, drain all the water, and keep aside.
5. In a large wok, add in two tblsp of oil.
6. Once heated, add in mixed vegetables, pineapples, and chicken.
7. Add in ¼ tblsp of crushed black peppers and red peppers, mix well.
8. Add in soy sauce, salt, and hot sauce, mix well.
9. Add in cabbage, mix well.
10. Let it cook for about 5 minutes.
11. Add in boiled rice and mix well.
12. Let it cook for about 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
13. Serve hot with Chicken Chili.


ENJOY!!!

3 Zayekedar Views!!!:

Hi dear

I am back from my vacation. Glad to read your post. Pineapple fried rice looks simply wonderful.


`Deepa
Hamaree Rasoi

Simply delicious, love the presentation..

i luv the Indo Chinese version of Chicken Fried Rice. This looks like a hawaiin presentation.

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by at DesiZayeka and leaving your informative and lovely feedback. I appreciate and value each and every one of your opinions...

Enjoy your stay at DesiZayeka and keep dropping by for more recipes and my ramblings... :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...