Smart People :)

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Pakoras from leftover Dosa batter






I had invited over a really good friend of mine for lunch. She is from Hydrabad, so I decided to make masala dosas for her. We had so much fun together. While my apartment filled up with aromas of dosas and sambhar, we catch up on so many things, along with our intellectual discussion on worldly issues and major discussion on Aamir Khan's show SatyaMev Jayate. I truely applaud Aamir Khan for what he is doing for our country. Being such an influential personalty, I am sure this show will influence many people, specially youngsters which we really need as a nation in India.

Coming back to the recipe, I had a cup full of batter leftover and wasn't sure what to do with it. My friend suggested that I let it ferment for one more day, then add a little bit rice flour, along with onions, green chilies, and cilantro, and fry it up as pakoras. She assured me that they will come out great and she was absolutely correct. I loved every single bite of these delicious pakoras and are perfect as an iftar item or a tea time snack.




Ingredients:
  1. Fermented dosa batter - one cup
  2. Rice flour - two tblsp
  3. Half onion - finely chopped
  4. Two green chilies - finely chopped
  5. A bunch of cilantro - finely chopped
  6. Oil for deep frying
Process:
  1. Heat oil in a deep pan.
  2. Mix together all the items from #1 to #5 above, making a smooth batter.
  3. With the help of spoon place a little lumps of batters in the oil and deep fry till golden brown.
  4. Serve hot with tamarind sauce or ketchup.


Sending this to Ramadan Friendly Recipes event hosted by The Halal Foodie...


ENJOY!!!

9 Zayekedar Views!!!:

Delicious Pakoras, nice way to use up dosa batter.

brilliant idea Az, they look v cute n delicious, thanks for sending it to my event and for using the logo

What a delicious snack to share with friends. This looks fantastic!

I also appreciate Aamir Khan's Show.
this is perfect way to use leftover dosa batter. That flower is catching my attraction. love this

love the idea of making pakoras from dosa batter..awesome job!!

got a lovely space .. loved your collection ... nice snaps.

I want to try this Ramadan Recipes , looks delish. More power to your blog!

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by at DesiZayeka and leaving your informative and lovely feedback. I appreciate and value each and every one of your opinions...

Enjoy your stay at DesiZayeka and keep dropping by for more recipes and my ramblings... :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...