Smart People :)

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Chikoo (Sapodilla) Milkshake

I grew up eating this delicious and mouth watering fruit back home... however, ever since we came to States it had been really hard to find it around here...

My mom had asked my aunt to send over some dried chikoo from India... this is how it looks like:

However, now we can not eat fresh chikoo but we can always enjoy chikoo milkshake :)

Ingredients:
  1. One cup dried chikoo
  2. One cup warm water
  3. Four cups chilled milk
  4. 6 tblsp sugar or any other sweetner like honey
Process:
Marinate dried chikoo in warm water for 15 minutes. Take out chikoo from the water and place it in the grinder, along with sugar and milk. Liquify and serve chilled.

I am sending this to "Show me your Smoothie" event hosted by Divya Vikram of Dil Se... 

 I am also sending this to Sizzling Summer Contest hosted by Spicy Tasty




ENJOY!!!

Reposted this recipe at http://desizayeka.blogspot.com/2012/07/ramadan-collections.html
Submitting to the following events (see further details at the link above):

Joy from Fasting to Feasting - V


Ramadan Friendly Recipes

8 Zayekedar Views!!!:

I haven't heard of this dried chikoo, looks so cool, perfect summer drink

chikoo milkshake very healthy for this climate!luks gr8!yummy...

Thanks for sending your entry to the sizzling summer contest. Good luck!!

Dried Chickoo is new to me. Drink looks really nice

Dried chikoo is new to me...and this is my fav milkshake...I used to drink every time while out...looks gud

Very delicious drink....Never had this

Deepa
Hamaree Rasoi

Looks refreshingly delicious.

Perfect for this weather...simply refreshing treat:)

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by at DesiZayeka and leaving your informative and lovely feedback. I appreciate and value each and every one of your opinions...

Enjoy your stay at DesiZayeka and keep dropping by for more recipes and my ramblings... :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...