Smart People :)

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Spicy Garlic Chicken Noodles


December 2006 was the year I got married, in India. That was my trip to India after 6 years! My city (Ahmedabad, Gujarat) had changed significantly the last time I was there. Not just the infrastructure, the looks, the pollution, the people, but also food! Out with my to-be-husband then, we went for a dinner, to try out Indo-Chinese cuisine. That was the first time I heard this term, I thought it much be a regular Indian food with some Chinese sauces, and I was 100% sure that I won’t like it, but how can I tell this to my to-be-husband then? I thought he would feel bad, as he was so excited about it. On our way to the restaurant, I could picture myself hardly gulping the food and was having this weird anxiety to throw up all of a sudden.

We reached the restaurant, he parked his bike, and we walked in. The aroma filled in the restaurant was mesmerizing, all of a sudden that entire anxiety disappeared, ‘coz I knew from the smell that this place has some good food! We sat down and the menus were given to us, with items like Schezwan and Manchurian. I wasn’t quite sure what to order, so I told my husband-to-be to order for me. He ended up ordering a lot of food and that ended up being the BEST dinner that we I ever had!

Indo-Chinese was something very new in our city in 2006 and was most favorite cuisine among youngsters by 2007. My husband just loves this cuisine and so do I. Prior to our marriage, I only knew how to make Chicken Chili – read my ‘new bride trying to impress in-laws’ story here. Now I make, almost everything that I read about in this cuisine.

This brings me to today’s recipe – Spicy Garlic Chicken Noodles. Very much Chinese but some Indian spices touch in it. This dish turned out to be very spicy, so adjust the spices according to your taste.


Ingredients:
1. One chicken breast – boiled and shredded in pieces.
2. One pack thin angel hair noodles – cooked per package instructions.
3. Six cloves garlic – minced.
4. One medium onion – thinly sliced.
5. One cup mixed vegetable
6. Three green chilies – slit in half lengthwise
7. Two table spoons crushed red peppers.
8. One table spoon chili sauce.
9. Two table spoon soy sauce.
10. Three table spoon cooking oil.

Process:

1. Heat oil in a wok.
2. Add garlic and chicken. Sautee for about a minute or two.
3. Add in one table spoon crushed red chilies, half table spoon chili sauce, and one table spoon soy sauce.
4. Mix well and let it cook for about 3-4 minutes.
5. Add in mixed vegetable, onion, and green chilies – stir well.
6. Add in cooked noodles, rest of crushed red peppers, chili sauce, and soy sauce.
7. Mix well and let it cook for about 10 minutes.
8. Serve hot!!!

NOTE: I didn't had salt as one of the ingredients because soy sauce is salty enough for this dish, you can add some according to your taste.

ENJOY!!!!

 

1 Zayekedar Views!!!:

wow, looks superb dear, delicious !!!

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by at DesiZayeka and leaving your informative and lovely feedback. I appreciate and value each and every one of your opinions...

Enjoy your stay at DesiZayeka and keep dropping by for more recipes and my ramblings... :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...