Smart People :)

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Chocolate Cake



Hello Friends,

In my first post for the Year 2011, I had promised to give you all a recipe for chocolate cake. Before I go on with the recipe, I would like to tell you that this is my second cake that I have baked which came out really good! This is really motivating!! My first cake was Carrot Cake that I made for my niece's first birthday.

So, we were invited over for dinner on Christmas day by a really good friend of mine. Given that it was a long weekend and all, I had decided to clean up my room (much overdue). Less did I knew that it would take up six hours of my entire day!! We were suppose to leave around 5:30, and with all the cleaning, I didn't even realized the time till my mom yelled and said that it was 4:00 already and when was I planning to bake the cake. Well you see I still had enough time to bake it but before that I had to take a shower and we were going to a Desi Party, so I had doll myself up!! :)..


Anyways, I rushed with the shower (very unlikely of me) and started baking. I got dressed while the cake was cooling down and then when everyone was getting ready to leave, I started decorating the cake. By the time we left it was 6:15 or so... Well Indian Time IS Standard Time anyways :)

I told my dear Hubby to take some pictures so that I can post it on the blog and he did so from his phone, as a result not so great picture in quality.


Ingredients:
For Cake:
  1. One and a half cup all purpose flour
  2. Two cups sugar
  3. Six tblsp Hershey's Cocoa Powder (unsweetened)
  4. Two eggs
  5. One cup milk
  6. Two tblsp oil
  7. One tsp vanilla extract
  8. One tblsp baking soda
  9. Half tblsp baking powder
  10. Salt - half tsp
  11. Butter and flour for greasing the pan.
For frosting/decoration
  1. 16 oz Cool Whip
  2. Sugar - half cup or per taste (Cool Whip may be sweet enough for you)
  3. Shredded chocolate
  4. Cherries for decoration.
Process:
  1. Preheat oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit
  2. In a big bowl mix together flour, cocoa powder, and salt
  3. In a separate bowl, mix together eggs, milk, and sugar.
  4. Mix well till sugar dissolves.
  5. Combine the liquid mixture to the flour mixer in #1.
  6. Add baking powder, baking soda, oil, and vanilla extract.
  7. Mix well.
  8. Grease the baking pan with flour and butter.
  9. Pour the mixture in the pan.
  10. Bake for about 45 mins. Insert a toothpick and if it comes out clean then its done.
  11. Let it cool completely.
For Frosting:
  1. Mix together cool whip and sugar.
  2. Spread it evenly on the cake with a spatula.
  3. Decorate with shaved chocolate and cherries.
ENJOY!!!

PS: Recently we have had a BIG SNOW STORM and my younger brother JK ended up taking some really nice pictures. I thought of sharing it with you all!! The snow was mesmerizing when it was falling but after that it was a nightmare and unfortunately it still is.







7 Zayekedar Views!!!:

mouthwatering here, very tempting cake..

Chocolate cake looks awesome. Snow capped pics of JK looks so beautiful.

Deepa
Hamaree Rasoi

wow u r making me hungry...luks really tempting.Perfect!

perfect cake...looks really tempting !

Assalaam Alaikum Az, cake looks yummy, glad to have found ur blog

I'm wishing a prosperous 2011 to all. Happy new year!

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by at DesiZayeka and leaving your informative and lovely feedback. I appreciate and value each and every one of your opinions...

Enjoy your stay at DesiZayeka and keep dropping by for more recipes and my ramblings... :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...