Dill Leaves also known as Soya Bhaji is one of the favorites of my father. I am submitting this to an “I Love My Dad” Event held by Jay from Tasty Appetite…
1. One and a half cup Dill Leaves, finely chopped
2. Two cups moong dal – soaked over night
3. Lal (red) masala – One tblsp red chilies, One tblsp dhaniya powder, One tblsp ginger-garlic paste, ¼ tsp turmeric powder, and salt per taste – make a paste using one tblsp water
4. One medium onion – finely chopped
5. Six garlic cloves – finely chopped
6. Water about one glass (adjust according to softness of moong dal)
7. One tblsp lime juice
8. Three tblsp oil
9. Cumin seeds – a pinch
1. Heat oil in a wok, add in cumin seeds.
2. Once the seeds splutter, add in onions and garlic.
3. Once garlic and onion turn brown, add in lal masala.
4. Let the masala cook till the oil separates.
5. Add in soaked moong dal and half a glass of water.
6. Mix well and let it cook.
7. Add in dill leaves and mix well.
8. Add in remaining water (if needed) and let it cook.
9. Serve hot with Roti.