There is a lot going on lately… well, what do you expect – Holiday Season is here!!!! It’s sometimes funny on how everything and everyone’s mode changes just because of the festive seasons… The weather has changed significantly as well… It has been very cold lately and everyone is bundling themselves up before heading out. Well in this cold weather, I made some warm ginger chicken. This dish falls more under Indo-Chinese Cuisine, rather than an Indian or Chinese cooking… This is AG’s one of the favorite dish but JK just hate the taste of ginger with chicken… He is the kinda guy who loves his meat and doesn’t like to fool around with other ingredients. Anyways, any further ado – here’s the recipe:
2 Chicken Breast – cut in pieces
3 glasses of water
1 large onion, chopped
3 tblsp of finely chopped ginger
4 spring onions, chopped
1/2 C chopped closed cup mushrooms
2 tblsp of oil
3 tblsp of vinegar
1 and 1/2 tblsp of tomato puree
4-5 tblsp of soy sauce
1/2 tsp sugar
4 tblsp of cornflour
salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1. Boil the chicken in the water along with a little salt and pepper and the chopped onion till the chicken pieces are tender and the water reduces to nearly half (about 1 glass)
2. Remove the chicken from the stock and save the stock.
3. Heat the oil in a pan.
4. Add the chicken and the ginger and fry for 2 minutes.
5. Add the spring onions and mushrooms and fry for a few seconds.
6. Add the stock, along with the tomato puree, vinegar, sugar and soy sauce.
7. Mix the cornflour with a little stock and add to the rest.
8. Simmer over low heat till the sauce thickens, stirring now and then.